Friday 5 December 2008

Disc failure

Not a good week - first the burglar alarm develops a mind of its own (faulty door sensor eventually traced and replaced), then the hard disc on my laptop gives up the ghost.

Fortunately I take a daily backup and, after the local Dell engineer turned up to replace the disc, I've been able to recover all my data and e-mail. (I use Microsoft's Live OneCare product across all our PC's - and this is the second time I've had to reload from its backup - each time I've been able to recover everything successfully, including e-mail, tasks, calendar entries, Internet favourites, iTunes music, etc ... - however, it does take an overnight run to complete the recovery of my 130,000+ files).

But now the reloaded Outlook doesn't want to connect to my Office Live e-mail account, and I'm having to access my e-mail directly through my browser (the second beta of IE8 - which continues to perform so much better than IE7).

So, apologies for a lack of blog entries over the past couple of days. Hopefully I'll be back to full connectivity and productivity later today.....

No comments: